Thursday, September 24, 2009

At a cross-roads...

I have been out of commission at this blog recently and I feel badly about it, though I have mentioned before that I meant for this to be a short term project. At this time I am at a cross roads because I have begun to lead a double life - office drone by day and creating a more meaningful life for myself by night and weekends...


I began this blog for two reasons:
  1. to learn how to use this blogging system so I could launch my personal blog project
  2. to use this blog as a means to share something that has meant a GREAT deal to me...Leimert Park and it's denizens


I really can not put into words how much this neighborhood means to me while I work at a day job that has ceased to serve me, and I no longer fit in the culture. However, I do fit in the neighborhood of Leimert Park, though I couldn't really say why. I always felt embraced by the locals and the many business owners I've met and they have shown me so much warmth and generosity of spirit but most importantly, they have honored parts of myself that have gotten lost in "cubicle nation". This neighborhood has been a saving grace and I wanted to share that at this space.


I will take time to consider a way to continue with this blog because this neighborhood is so very dear to me and I truly want to find a way for the world to discover it's many charms. I may continue on a weekly posting basis instead of a more frequent schedule.


I thank any readers who have been visiting this site for your patience and I'd like to know if you have enjoyed the views I have shared from this little area of greater Los Angeles. You are always welcome to comment (please be nice and polite!) and please comment anonymously if you feel shy about it - I know how it feels! =-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my photo-blog and I hope you have a chance to visit Leimert Park sometime soon!