Monday, August 31, 2009

When Smoke Gets in Your Eyes...

As I have mentioned in my profile in the side bar to the right, I live in the San Fernando Valley, part of Los Angeles County in the state of California. Some of you may be aware of the raging fires that have been happening this summer, as they always do. I could see and smell the smoke where I live but didn't realize the fires were getting so huge you could see the smoke cloud in my work neighborhood of Leimert Park...
...This is taken standing in the median in front of the offices where I work at the corner of Leimert Blvd. and 43rd/11th Street...

...This is at the corner of 43rd and Edgehill...

...This is at the corner of Stocker and Creed...

(I must confess, though, that the only smoke I ever smell is the smoke that comes from Phillip's BBQ two doors away! I'm so glad someone mentioned Phillip's on their blog - they did a better job reporting about it than I could have!! Thank you Aubrey...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my photo-blog and I hope you have a chance to visit Leimert Park sometime soon!