Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Tree median or "From Leimert to Hollywood"...

Earlier in the year, during the grey cloud season (can we call that a season here in LA?), I was struck by the cloud formations that occur in the Leimert Park area, since I don't see this kind of cloud formation in the San Fernando Valley where I live. The clouds tend to break up when they hit (literally) the Santa Monica Mountains before they enter the valley proper. Here in Leimert they were quite rich and lush looking, as though they would just drop tons of water upon the city if you gave them a poke with a pin...
I also liked playing with my camera in this median with trees located at 9th Street and Stocker at the Audubon Middle School. In the far distance I could see the Hollywood sign but wasn't really able to capture it with this grey sky...
...but I did hope that I might be able to capture it on a sunnier day. My little camera could only zoom in this close but I could see the Hollywood sign from Leimert Park. And the trees have more leaves to provide more shade on a sunny day...

2 comments:

Thank you so much for visiting my photo-blog and I hope you have a chance to visit Leimert Park sometime soon!